The FM20 Rensie Skin – Dark & PurpleNovember 19, 2019
The Football Manager 2020 skin in Dark & Purple version with the DF11 player profile and several other tweaks.
The main idea, same as in the previous years, was to create simple skin based on default skin but with some small changes.
I was able to remove many useless and not needed small panels as default skin has no issue with the secondary color and the title bar height this year. That means I was able to make the skin even more simple and cleaner.
Same as in the previous years, this is mainly my own skin and I’m happy with how it works right now. There will be no adjustments and edits just because of feature requests. Save your time and energy before you will want to edit something.
The default skins and panels etc. are available to download and everyone is able to learn and make his own custom skin. There are many guides and useful tips and hints around the internet, mainly on SI Forum.
If you don’t like something, don’t use this skin and don’t ask why this, this or this is not included in the skin or if I will add it. This is the only one version I will release for FM20 (except some critical issues).
What was edited?
- Manager Home Screen
- Player Profile with the main aim to use DF11 facepack and make it cleaner thanks to removing one line of small widgets
- Player Comparison Screen
- Mentoring – Add player panel adjusted with custom view to make it easier to set up the mentoring groups
- Human (your manager) profile
- Non-player profile
- Club Overview
- Match: In-Between highlights, full time review & post match review
- Competition Review Screen – League Table adjusted with more info/columns
- Stadium(s) Overview Screen – edited slightly to be able to see the stadium picture and basic info.
- Schedule – edited the width of the right side + stadium picture and more info about the match added
- Instant result
FM20 Rensie skin new popup profile
A week later after I released the original version of the skin, I started to edit the player and staff popup profiles. I just wanted to include pitch with positions and the option to select and show & highlight the important attributes for all roles.
IMPORTANT: If you have the first version, be sure to quit the game, delete all the previous version and clear cache before you will use the new one.
I decided to put each skin version separately. You can just select if you want to download dark or purple version, no need to download both in the folder on Mediafire.
The v2.0 update – January 2020
I usually update the skin for myself during playing my own save and the FM20 version is not different. I decided to release the update after many small changes and tweaks in recent weeks.
I was able to tweak the Club Overview screen – the club details panel on the left and also the Last Starting XI widget on the right side.
Player profile screen also got some edit, the main one is able to see at the first sight as I edited the pitch with positions on the right side as I made it bigger and I added the default pitch pattern – the same you can see in the club profile or during the match. The same was also added to the Player Individual Training screen and it also works even if you open individual training screen through the team training.
There are a lot of other small changes including tweaks to fonts and colours within many screens in player/staff profile, home screen, training, player/staff comparison and many more.
There are no groundbreaking changes but mainly little tweaks I made for myself. The main tweak is I was able to organise the skin in overall and I was able to make it more compact in my eyes.
The download link is the same, just select FM20 Rensie skin Dark v2.0 or FM20 Rensie skin Purple v2.0 in the folder.
Alternative player profile version in Dark & Purple (February 2020)
The alternative version of Player Profile screen with the shirt & number. The Player Profile screen is very simple to see the most important things like personal details in the upper part, attributes and positions in the middle and stats + two small widgets with the selector below.
PayPal Donation – paypal.me/fmrensie
Credits: Thank you to all who helped me in the past with the skin and thank you all who gave me permision to use or modify their panels.
* Please note this skin is provided as is. It has nothing to do with Sports Interactive or SEGA and won’t be supported by them.
How to install:
- If you’re in the game just quit eliminating crashes or issue with the game.
- Download the .zip archive and unzip it.
- Move the extracted folder “FM20 Rensie skin Dark” or “FM20 Rensie skin Purple to your skins folder: Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2020/skins
- Run Football Manager 2020 and go to Preferences and you can select “FM20 Rensie skin Dark” or “FM20 Rensie skin Purple” on Overview screen.
Don’t forget, you can join FMSlack via THIS link. My channel is #fmrensie but there are many other interesting channels to talk about FM.